- Estimating the mass of the stone and calculating cut parameters
- Support for different cuts and a large set of parameters
of external cut designs and diamond 3D-models- GemCad, AutoCAD and Sarin files
import (registered version only)
- Working with different types of gemstones
- Finding unknown parameters (mounted diamonds, estimating proportions of diamonds before they are cut) and parameter fixing
- Selecting measurement units and parameters to show
- Appraising cut quality (GIA, HRD, AGA, Russian TU systems) and estimating the price of the diamond
- Different visual presentations of diamond, fine-tuning images to produce realistic view of a diamond
- Detailed description of DiamCalc appraisers
- Appraiser file format
- OctBrill.txt file format
- Price list file format
Detailed description of DiamCalc appraisers
This document shows in details how DiamCalc grades diamonds
When a diamond data is entered, DiamCalc uses a selected grading system ("appraiser") to grade each diamond parameter
according to tables below. Depending on parameter value, it is given a grade (different grading systems have different
quality groups). Then the quality of the diamond cut is calculated as the worst of quality groups of all individual parameters.
This data is contained in Appraise.txt file in the folder where DiamCalc is installed.
There are two kinds of data tables: appraiser tables and translation tables.
Appraiser tables show how each individual parameter is graded. They contain following columns: parameter name,
as it is listed in Appraise.txt file; the meaning of the parameter; and one column that lists a range of that parameter for each quality group.
Translation tables give a numerical equivalent for quality groups of some parameters, for instance, they could define a "thick" girdle as
having size between 4.75 and 6.25 percents of the diameter.
DiamCalc includes HRD, GIA, AGA, AGS and Russian TU appraiser systems.
There are some appraiser and translation tables of cuts implemented in DiamCalc:
HRD system appraiser
GIA system appraiser
AGA system appraiser
Quick guide on Key operations (How to..)