DM-Xray is a software constructing precise and simplified polygonal 3D models from X-Ray voxel data. At the moment it supports as an input reconstructed X-Ray voxel data projects from Bruker and Neoscan X-Ray scanners.
In the diamond industry, DM-Xray is used for the reconstruction of simplified and accurate models of diamond surface and surface of inclusions. The surface of the diamond is reconstructed automatically with cavities, blind holes, and other non-convex elements of the surface, that cannot be built accurately, for example, in a Helium Polish scanner. Mineral inclusions and cracks could be plotted automatically (except carbon inclusions).
- Very Precise narrow cavity/ open crack measurement.
- Resolution as high as 0.005 mm
- Helps estimate accurate solution, which is very critical from makeable stage onwards.
- Independent of human skill.
- Plot all inclusions including mineral inclusions automatically, except carbon inclusions.
The latest release of DM-Xray is introduced on November 21, 2020.
In this version:
- Cavity approvement stage
- The instrument for selecting and sorting cavities
- Optimized render for visualization of the polygonal models
- Bug fixes
See details in the release notes.